Author Topic: Surge Brakes 1976 Cimmaron  (Read 662 times)

Offline Vir2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ole' Elmer Like
Surge Brakes 1976 Cimmaron
« on: October 02, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »
Hello,

I have a 76' Cimmaron with Surge Brakes I got my Apache home and went to take the lid off the brake resevoir and the whole top of the resevoir twisted off, as it was rusted so I need to replace atleast the resevoir, anybody know of a replacement part for it, or a suitible substituion?

Thanks!

Offline Pescador

• Vesely Prodigy
  • 1976 Apache Mesa
Re: Surge Brakes 1976 Cimmaron
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »
Do a search for it on threads. I found a direct replacement at Autozone. It came from a Ford Truck I think it was a 66 or something like that. They sell new and rebuilt ones. The problem will be when you look at the wheel cylinders! They don't make them anymore and you might have to get a whole wheel assebly or just get a new axel if you want to get the surge brakes working again. I looked at rebuilding my wheel cylinders but it was going to cost as much as a new axel so I didn't go with it. I figured by the time you need new brake shoes you will have to get them relined and that will also cost some $$$. Happy reading but you can find some of the stuff by searching the threads and reading.  ;D :D ;)
"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

Offline sensi3d

• Vesely Prodigy
Re: Surge Brakes 1976 Cimmaron
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »
I redid my slave cylinders on my chevy many years ago. All we had to do was hone the cylinder, My brother had a flex shaft hone. I lucked out as they were only starting to wick a little.JC Whitney used to be a great place for that kind of stuff.

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal