Archived Renovations / Improvements > Miscellaneous

How much cord and hose to carry?

(1/1)

Fyouberg:
I realize that the distances to electrical and water hookups will vary place to place,but I would like to know what folks out there carry with them to insure sufficient length to reach the hookups. I have never even set foot in a KOA, for example and don't know what to expect if we should ever stay in one. The electric cord on the Mesa looks to be 15' or so. Is that enough? Would 25' of hose be enough in typical places? Most of our camping will be off grid, but I want the versatility to stay in improved sites also. --fred

Redwood:
Usually the shore power and water hook ups are fairly close to your trailer. I carry a 25 ft water hose and the same length electrical cord.

Pony Power:
Same here, Greg.
For boondocking I carry a 50' garden hose just in case I need to get rid of a little gray water.
For campgrounds I carry a 10 gallon blue tank with wheels to catch the drain water. You aren't allowed to let any runoff in camp sites.

kanega:
I use a 25' water hose and a 8' hose for the drain.  I also have the blue 10 gallon Tote waste water for places with out sewers.

kanega:
My trailer power cord is long enough at 15'.  I use adapters for different amperage plugs.  I use a 15' extension for AC on my 3way Fridge which can not share the same ground fault interrupt as the trailer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version