Author Topic: Scissor Jacks  (Read 949 times)

Offline Wild-Surfwood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Moose
  • State: Rhode Island
  • Type of Camper: 78 Ranger 74 Royal
Scissor Jacks
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:37:54 PM »
Hello all. Has anyone purchased or installed scissor jacks lately? I've been reading around and have not heard of someone buying some and just bolting them on with the existing hardware. Is there 24" I guess scissors that don't have to be welded or changed to fit? Mine are what look to be the original fold down and springs are not working properly and worry about the ability to stabilize with them. Also looking to get a bal level, but the stabilizers should come first. I can drive up on wood for a half hr straight a few more times before I go crazy:)

Offline Redwood

• Members
  • Vesely Prodigy
  • State: California
  • Type of Camper: 1976 Roamer / 1973 Mesa
Re: Scissor Jacks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 01:50:36 PM »
Scott,
  It's funny that you posted this. I just ordered my second set of scissor jacks for my Roamer. 5000lb rated and they open to 24 inches.
  I put a set on my Mesa with self tapping bolts and they worked just fine. My friend does some welding and he offered to spot weld the corners of the jacks, so I took him up on that. But I do believe that self tapping bolts would hold those jacks on with no problem. After all they're only meant to be stabilizer jacks.
  I really hated the old jacks so I took all four off and put on the scissor jacks that I raise and lower with a cordless drill when I go camping. So much easier. I say go for it I have loved having them on my Mesa. Like I said I just ordered a set of four for my Roamer. Bal Low pro. SJ24 Scissor jacks. I should be getting them any time in the mail.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:54:43 PM by Redwood »
GREG
"It's not about getting through the storm, but learning to dance in the rain" 
http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=3

Offline Wild-Surfwood

• Moose
  • State: Rhode Island
  • Type of Camper: 78 Ranger 74 Royal
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 04:05:31 PM »
Thanks Greg. That's good news. Where did you get yours. I've been looking around on Ebay and Amazon. Most online Camper places prob have them too. Did you have to take the plate the existing stabilizers are attached to? Did you attach straight to the frame? Thanks again.

Quick question about the converter box...... The ground copper wire in the back was not attached when I took the converter out. There is a hole in the back that shows GND.....is the copper wire attached to the case of the converter with a screw, or should I ground it inside with the Ground bar the other ground wires are attached to? Thanks:)

Scott

Offline Redwood

• Members
  • Vesely Prodigy
  • State: California
  • Type of Camper: 1976 Roamer / 1973 Mesa
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »
Scott,
    I said I have them on order well they showed up today, I got them on eBay just search the Lowpro SJ 24 Sissor Jacks.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:58:48 PM by Redwood »
GREG
"It's not about getting through the storm, but learning to dance in the rain" 
http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=3

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal