Author Topic: bought a power converter from Craigslist hope I did OK...  (Read 1228 times)

Offline count me in

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Vesely Prodigy
  • State: IL
  • Type of Camper: 78 ramada
bought a power converter from Craigslist hope I did OK...
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »
I am having my doubts though.  I went onto Google and tried to find an owners manual/wiring diagrams etc., and all I find are comments about it being a "battery eater", complaints about the cooling fan either running non stop or else not at all, and tons and tons of Google hits about people upgrading away from this particular model. 
the story that the seller gave did not quite make sense as to why he would have taken it out.... it came from a 34' Jayco (not a popup obviously) and he said he took it out because his camper is now on a "permanent site" at the campground".... why would that make you want to remove your power converter????

The one I got is probably overkill for a camper such as our Apaches anyhow.... here are the details on what I got... anyone got any info? 
45 amp with battery charger... Input 6.8A 120 VAC  output 45 amps @ 12VDC (includes 3 amp charging rate) 
MagneTek/ B&W manufacturers
Series 6300A  Model 6345 UL     Options CL GK I Date Code 528   
Can anyone tell me anything about this converter?   It I much larger physically than the magnetek one that I put into the Mesa... that one was a 30A, model (I think) was 6309 or something like that... I see that Medic mike has a thread from a couple years ago about having put the same converter into his 78 Ramada (which is what I have currently) as the one I had put into my Mesa...
having more capacity than I could ever use in a popup doesn't bother me,  but I don't want to put in a pile o' junk either.

if there is some reason for me "not to" use this particular converter, I can relist it for sale before I go thru all the work to install it I just need to know now if that is the case....

just like my Mesa, this Ramada will be losing its sink and water storage tank. so I will most certainly have the space for it. I do plan to eventually put an A/C into it with something like the brackets that John F used to make.  I also will be looking for a 3 way regular RV fridge for it too that will eventually have to take its power from this converter.

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal