Author Topic: Got the Itch  (Read 774 times)

Offline Pony Power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ole' Elmer Like
Got the Itch
« on: March 25, 2020, 12:28:45 AM »
Don't know bout you, but I sure want to go camping but alas, it's snowing again in our Cascades.-----Darn >:(

Offline raider

• Moose
  • State: Washington
  • Type of Camper: 1974 Royal
Re: Got the Itch
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 04:51:23 PM »
Having the itch is probably better then having the virus.  Cabin fever is at an all time high now unfortunately.

Offline Pony Power

• Ole' Elmer Like
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:03:06 PM »
Ha Ha! ;D I think the itch would likely go away near the top of Blewett Pass. But it needs to warm up a tad more for me to test it.

Offline raider

• Moose
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:37:30 PM »
Took a drive up to Deception Pass last Friday, I think it was the last nice day we had and before all of the shut downs. Some of the camping areas or loops were closed off, but the other ones were pretty full or crowded, more people camping then I expected. But the schools were shut down then and a lot of people were staying home from work. The day use area by the water was pretty full also. More then likely the whole park is shut down now.

Offline Pony Power

• Ole' Elmer Like
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »
I went through the pass one time with my boat. It was pretty wild, the currents and swirling eddies made the boat steer all over the place.
 We were planning a trip down to the Long Beach Ilwaco area but that is now basically shut down because of crowd surge. Seems like everyone had the same idea since its all shut down up here. I'm almost caught up with the yard work so I guess we'll have to resort to Spring Cleaning to keep busy. (Horrible Thought). Time to find something to do in the garage.

Offline raider

• Moose
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 09:07:35 PM »
They are doing some work on the bridge, probably painting, all underneath so who knows what they are doing. I wouldn't want to work on it. I don't know what they would do if it ever had to be replaced.  I've passed under it a couple of times, first time when I was around 12. My folks rented a big boat (yacht?) for 2 weeks to spend in the San Juan islands. My sister and one of my cousins and me were on the bow, laying against the cabin while attempting to pass through. Just sitting there looking up at the bridge...and not making any headway, but we didn't know, when all of a sudden the boat turned sharp towards the rocks. Talk about having a shock of a lifetime. Made it though. Just turning around to wait a few hours for the tide to change in Coronet Bay.

I'm to lazy to busy myself with spring cleaning! Have done some yard work though.

Here is a link for some photos of Deception Pass and the bridge so some of you will know what we are talking about. If it does not work just Google Deception Pass.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x54857cb14caa211b%3A0xfe972720d7067817!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.trover.com%2Fd%2F286yh-deception-pass-bridge-washington!5sdeception%20pass%20bridge%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e1!2shttps%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.trover.com%2FT%2F5ccbd2de03893a7918001e03%2Ffixedw.jpg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiW5Lek_LvoAhWErJ4KHc2zAGEQoiowAXoECBkQCQ

Offline Pony Power

• Ole' Elmer Like
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 11:59:22 PM »
That link didn't work for me but this one might.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/deception-pass-bridge?mediatype=photography&phrase=deception%20pass%20bridge&sort=mostpopular

Made me chuckle thinking about you hanging on for dear life. ;D
The power of that water moving there is amazing. Perfect place for the PUC to put a hydro electric generator on the sea bed.

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal