Author Topic: The Apache Cub is a trailer, camper, and a boat all-in-one.  (Read 680 times)

Offline njjimf

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Raccoon
    • http://www.apacheowners.com
  • State: NJ
The Apache Cub is a trailer, camper, and a boat all-in-one.
« on: April 15, 2022, 03:53:02 AM »
https://jalopnik.com/whoa-look-at-this-incredible-trailer-1847323455?fbclid=IwAR1iM5QXYkjXZNPluSNJBGCtkpKImq7rYsz6yj1DbXKPY9SFWGBDMRCxW1M

Whoa, Look At This Incredible Forgotten Trailer
The Apache Cub is a trailer, camper, and a boat all-in-one.
ByRory Carroll
7/30/21 10:26AM
Comments (138)
Alerts
Image for article titled Whoa, Look At This Incredible Forgotten Trailer
Photo: Rory Carroll
You ever go to Lowe’s because the good hardware store is closed and you need some tubing or whatever, and then when you’re leaving, you spot a type of trailer you haven’t seen before in your rearview mirror and turn around to go check it out? I have, and this was the trailer. An Apache Cub, a little worse for wear and being towed behind a Fiat 500.

What caught my attention was that it looked a little like a boat. I thought, “Huh, that looks like a boat, I wonder if it’s a boat.” Turns out, the part of the trailer I spotted is not a boat, but it is the trailer part of a brilliant little trailer, camper, boat setup called the Apache Cub. That’s actually an acronym: Camper, Utility, Boat. A bedboard with a 2-1/2 inch mattress sits in the trailer and the tent is pitched above. The upper shell is the boat.

This is a Nomad, same idea, different camper:

The Cub was only made for one year, 1981, according to a post on Apacheowners.com. Unless there’s another company that made Apache brand-name pop-up trailers, it was made by the Vesely Mfg co of Lapeer, Michigan. I’m not going to digress into this, but it looks like the owner of that company, and his wife were kidnapped in 1975 by a guy in an utterly terrifying homemade mask.

www.apacheowners.com

1977 Apache Ramada

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal