Author Topic: New wiring diagram  (Read 5065 times)

Offline Shrug53

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Elk
    • http://www.forgottenclassics.com
New wiring diagram
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 11:25:26 AM »
OK, here is the new and improved diagram based on using an isolator, and inverter, and a couple of switches.  I have left off the trailer light part since that is basic:

Better living through reckless experimentation"

DDLTexan

New wiring diagram
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 01:35:44 PM »
Looks good Tony.

That is good work in Photoshop.

The electrical people here will chime in with advise on what is missing.

Offline JaVelin

• Ole' Elmer Like
New wiring diagram
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 09:37:31 PM »
hate to bring up the fuse again but i'd make the inverter connection beyond the fuse you have. especially if the lead to the inverter has a switch on it.
77 Ramada

Offline Shrug53

• Elk
    • http://www.forgottenclassics.com
New wiring diagram
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 09:54:03 PM »
Quote from: "JaVelin"
hate to bring up the fuse again but i'd make the inverter connection beyond the fuse you have. especially if the lead to the inverter has a switch on it.

On which side of the inverter?

I have already realized that I need to put a switch in to make sure the fusebox is only going to get one source of AC, shore or inverter, so that one does not feed back through the other.

If anyone can sketch in anything I have forgotten, or any useful changes (like how to add a solar charger to this circuit), that would be great.
Better living through reckless experimentation"

Offline JaVelin

• Ole' Elmer Like
New wiring diagram
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 11:26:06 PM »
The first connection off of your deep cell needs to be a fuse (close to the battery). in other words after the battery and before any other connection. it's safer that way, if anything happens to any of the lines off the battery it won't set fire to the camper.  Also if that fuse does happen to blow it wont leave part of the circuit still powered up which might be dangerous while your trying to find out whats wrong.

Actually if you make the switch that brings 12v from the battery to the inverter a 2 pole switch you can use the second pole on the switch to switch shore power on to your circuit beyond the inverter. that way theres no mistakes with the position of that switch.  on mine I usewd the contactor to make that change when the shore power was hooked up.  The solar charger is a pretty simple it'll hook directly to the battery and be independent of everything in your drawing.
77 Ramada

Offline DevNull

• Greenhorn Camper
    • http://
New wiring diagram
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 07:56:26 AM »
Does anyone have a copy of a wiring diagram that would work for a '75 Mesa.  I have been searching the forums, but it looks like most of the links mentioned are broken.

Edit:  I found some in the gallery.  If someone knows of a particularly good diagram for a '75 feel free to bring it to my attention anyhow.  Thanks.

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal