Archived Renovations / Improvements > Miscellaneous

Misc. Questions

(1/3) > >>

wannabe:
How do the non 72s bed sidewalls secure to the endwalls? Ours has white/clear opaque slide locks between the two. We ordered bedwing sidewall seals to put on them but the slide locks make it not possible. We are considering removing the locks so we could use the new seals, but dont know the other option for securing the walls.

Does anyone have curtains using the curtain tab tape (not the snaps)? We have 35 yards of this but would like to see pics of it in use before we go to applying it to the fabric.

Does the bedend roof where it meets the endwall (window wall) use living hinge to attach the two? If not, what is used? Ours has metal door hinges where the previous owner did a fix on it and we're not able to see what should be used.  Thanks Pete for the how-to on living hinge replacement--you saved our rears.  :D

Ready to sew our new curtains to use for its maiden voyage next weekend--thanks all
Kelly

Blang:
Here is the URL of a picture of curtain tape on a curtain.
http://apachepopups.net/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=lastup&cat=&pos=3

Hope this helps

Mike

timsch:
Sounds like you have the wrong bed wing seal for yours. Did they send you a grey soft, tubular rubber with a plastic piece that slides onto the bed wing panel? If so that is for 1973 and beyond. Yours should be just a foam type seal, about 1/4" thich that goes on there.

The bed end roof uses living hinge to attach at the bed end wall.

FiremanPete:
Hi Kelly.

First, you're very welcome for the living hinge info.... glad it helped!

Secondly, if Tim is right (and I hate to admit it, but he usually is) and you have the improper seals for your camper, I will buy them from you for what you paid.

I could use new ones as mine are kind of beat up, moldy and have dried in a couple of places.  

Let me know....

Pete

FitzFolly:
Kelly,
I recently replaced the sidewall(easy), and endwall(a little harder), and bedroof to endwall living hinges(more complex) on one end of my 72 Mesa. I set up the sidewalls to slide by not putting in a lock screw from the sidewall hinge housing into the living hinge material. It is easier to put the sidewalls in place that way than by swinging them up as they kept coming in contact with the roof or the locking clips.
I'm sure it is obvious, but the foam weatherstripping tape goes on the outside of the endwall. Does your Apache have the same channel and plastic inserts pictured in the post of the 79 Ramada picture?  
Fitz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version