Author Topic: Wheel  (Read 2550 times)

DDLTexan

Very good point Pete
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 10:22:03 AM »
Quote from: "FiremanPete"
Having lifted cars off (very very very thin) dead people numerous times, I have to recommend strongly against this technique, Bret.

It might work for that mechanic, but all it would take is rocking the camper (or vehicle) off the jack stand and having one side drop down.  

The worst part of dying by being crushed by your vehicle is that it's usually not quick.  The vehicle comes off the jack and lands on you...the weight of the mass on your chest asphyxiates you as you can't take a breath.  So you're still alive, but can't take a breath to scream for help.

Never get under a car and kick at the wheel.  If you do, sign your will (over to me please) first.

Years ago my high school classmate's dad died under their car by kicking the tire and the car dropped and crushed him.  It was the weekend for senior recognition with families all there and her family was late and finally a call came telling her during the program that her dad was dead.  Always, always, err on the side of safety because it is hard to bring a dead person back to life.  Rarely is successful.

Safety first always!

DDLTexan

Good choice
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 10:26:08 AM »
Quote from: "araden"
Thanks for all the suggestions/support.  I finally got it off last night, after a lot of wiggling and tugging.  The problem was strictly the tight fit of the wheel opening over the hub.

After saying I was going to grind the wheel opening after I got it off, I decided to try sanding the part of the hub that was exposed - worked like a charm.

I am glad you chose to sand the hub because if you ground open the wheel opening larger, it could cause balancing problems for the wheel and tire.  It is hard to grind and keep the opening perfectly circular.  You chose the best way in my opinion to make it easier to slip the wheel off and on in the future.

Offline tnaptguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apache Master
Wheel
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2003, 10:40:10 PM »
:(
naptguy--Bret '67
Jen '68
BretII '95
Emily '99
Rachael '01
Sophia '03
Tinkerbell '97
DodgeRam TurboDeisel'99
Ramada '79

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal