Author Topic: LIVING HINGE REPLACEMENT HOW-TO (WITH PHOTOS/LINKS REPAIRED)  (Read 28747 times)

Offline FitzFolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Vesely Prodigy
Re: LIVING HINGE REPLACEMENT HOW-TO (WITH PHOTOS/LINKS REPAIRED)
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 08:10:49 PM »
Hi Jim P.,
I applaud your efforts to fix your 72. Having restored a 72 Mesa, the condition of your bedroom components that you've described is more than I would take on.
The 72's are unique in some respects so I hope that when you ask for help on the location of those components, the information is applicable.
Good luck,
Mike

jdp

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 08:35:08 PM »
Thanks Mike!

Greg has helped a lot!

Now that I have removed all this aluminum extrusions that did not belong on my bed ends I have run into a small problem that maybe a big one!
This guy was silicone crazy I could have filled 4 tubes with what I took off the road cover when putting in the new end seal on the road cover and taking off the aluminum trip and steel-wooling it before re-attaching it with stainless screws.
Does anyone know what will dissolve the silicon residue that is left on the surface of the abs so I can get rid of the "tide-line"?

Thanks as always

Jim

Offline MrArcade

• Grizzly
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »
If the window wall and roof are set up and erected...then the slots in the c channels will pretty much be facing each other. The c channel on the window wall will be at a bit of an angle.

If you have the window wall and roof folded down, then the slot in the c channel will face out, not down.

MrArcade

'77 Roamer - Sold
'76 Royal - Sold
'78 Ramada - Sold
'75 Ramada - Sold
'78 Yuma - Sold
'77 Ranger - Sold
Gallery

Offline Redwood

• Members
  • Vesely Prodigy
  • State: California
  • Type of Camper: 1976 Roamer / 1973 Mesa
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:29 PM »
Jim,
 You are planning on using the privacy curtain c-channel to accept the top half of the canvas living hinge. Have you checked to see if the original hinge and the privacy curtain c-channel that you want to use are the same in shape or configuration ? I agree with you that you need to make sure that this is even possible before you glue anything on. And that it would let you fold down the bed end wall the correct way.
GREG
"It's not about getting through the storm, but learning to dance in the rain" 
http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=3

jdp

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 10:17:21 PM »
Well all I know at this point is the original pieces of hinges I pulled out of the existing c-channel fit into the curtain one.
As I mentioned in a PM to you Debbie is sending me living hinge and I should have it Thursday ;D!!!

Call it an experiment in progress I guess ???
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:20:42 PM by Jim P »

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal