Author Topic: What's it going to cost?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline radar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Can't Back-up Straight
    • http://
What's it going to cost?
« on: August 23, 2004, 01:05:19 PM »
I emailed the message below directly to Tim, but I want to see what the folks in the forums have to say!

Tim,
I've been cruising around on apachepopups.net for quite some time gathering information and ideas for my '77 Ranger.  Before I undertake the project of getting it campable, my wife wants to know what it's going to cost.  It's been sitting for several years and when we opened it up last year about this time, the interior was in good shape.  About the worst thing I saw was the roof vent had leaked & discolored some of the ceiling.  I would just paint it with Kilz & topcoat anyway.  So I'm looking for pricing and advice on the best way to get it roadworthy.

I've already purchased some new tires & rims for it.  Once I repack the wheel bearings, and retrofit a wiring harness, it should be good to transport.  This model came equipped with surge brakes but I don't think they'll need to be operational right away because my tow vehicle (2002 Silverado 1500 w/towing package) should have more than enough stopping power.  So without wasting any more time, here is what I think need to be done to at least get this thing out and about.  Any restoration or serious mods (update electrical, A/C, fridge, etc.) will be done as time and money allows.

* Replace all living hinges, bed wall seals, weatherstripping, road cover seals (and any other potential leak sources)
    * Replace marker lights, bed end caps, and bed end support holders (all the little plastic pieces parts)
    * Inspect interior wiring, converter, and gas lines (install OPD compatible hookup)
    * Possibly replace cushions, mattresses, the lovely curtains depending on current conditions
    * Clean out & inspect holding tanks, furnace, additional plumbing

If there is anything else I should be specifically doing or nor doing, I'm open to suggestions.
Also, I wasn't able to find this out directly on the site, but with Ole Elmer's departure, is Apache Sales Corp. still in business?  If so, is it still the de facto Apache parts supplier?

I'm also going to post this to apachepopus.net to get additional feedback from the community.

Thanks!

DDLTexan

What's it going to cost?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 01:51:19 PM »
Many of your needs may also be supplied by our webmaster Terry who is aawebtools.  Send a Private Message to aawebtools and he can give you parts pricing for things you need.

I would suggest at least giving aawebtools and timsch first chance at parts sales because they support this site greatly and donate alot of time and that is what makes this site great.  Both gentlemen are great to work with and can answer almost any question that you have.  They are also official Apache Restoration Experts.  Give them a shot first before going to Apache Sales.  They can sell at or below the prices quoted by Apache Sales.

Just my humble suggestion.

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal