Author Topic: Bed end living hinge?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline jmott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Greenhorn Camper
Bed end living hinge?
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM »
I need some advice on replacing the living hinge on the bed end wall. I was looking at it tonight. I already have the new fabric hinge material.

I am trying to replace the hinge between the back panel and the roof. When I back tried to back out the living hinge retainer it hits the lip on the back panel. If I some hoe get it passed that it will hit the overlapping lip on the roof panel. The only way I see to replace this hinge is to either cut the back and top panels or drill out the solid piece of the hinge that is riveted to the top and back panel.

Any help would be appreciated.
73 MESA

Offline FiremanPete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apache Master
Bed end living hinge?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 07:56:52 AM »
Hi!

Check out this thread on the "living hinge" section....it deals with replacing the living hinge between the bedend panel and the roof wall.

There is a great post by FitzFolly that explains how he replaced that living hinge in his Mesa.  It may very well give you some advice on getting the old hinge out.

http://www.apachepopups.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1114

Good luck.....if you get a chance, take some photos and share them here so that others may get a better picture....also if you can, identify your year and model.  You can go into your Profile and add a "signature" to all your threads that identifies your year/model so that others can reply to your posting questions accurately!

Take Care.

Pete
Pete         '67
Katie        '69
Samantha '95
Shaun       '96
Shannon   '98

Ramada    '78

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal