Author Topic: Maiden Voyage to Villanueva State Park, New Mexico  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Fyouberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Squirrel
  • State: New Mexico
  • Type of Camper: Apache Mesa 1976
Maiden Voyage to Villanueva State Park, New Mexico
« on: June 12, 2015, 09:33:27 PM »
Well, it was finally time to stop tinkering and actually go camping. "Happy" as my wife named the Apache, performed magnificently. It towed easily, set up in record time (more on that in a minute), provided electrical and water service and kept us dry. Yeh, when we arrived it was raining and didn't give much hope of stopping anytime soon. Good thing that I have set it up 20 or 30 times in the driveway at home! Interesting to me was the fact that the design of the bed ends keeps the inside dry during setup unless your in a torrential downpour or experiencing horizontal rain. Once you lift up the top and secure it, you have time to take a breath and leisurely work on the side walls. We had a great couple of days kicking back, reading, napping, hiking, and EATING. We came home with a moderately long list of things that we want to do before next trip, but not too bad.
Big thing is that I realized the aluminum has to get polished and the primer grey paint has to be painted. It looked kinda poorly sitting up there like it is. Oh will, everything in it's time.

Fred
"Hey, this looks like fun. I'll race ya!"

Offline Redwood

• Members
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Vesely Prodigy
  • State: California
  • Type of Camper: 1976 Roamer / 1973 Mesa
Re: Maiden Voyage to Villanueva State Park, New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 02:43:42 PM »
Sounds like you had a great time on your first trip out in the Apache. We have never forgot our first trip in ours and i'm sure you will always remember your first trip too. Just something about finally going out and camping in the Apache after all the work you put into it. Enjoy it, it's going to be better each time you go camping in it, because of the improvements you will keep making.  ;)
GREG
"It's not about getting through the storm, but learning to dance in the rain" 
http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=3

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal