Author Topic: 2015 Vintage Trailer Rally in Rosyln, WA  (Read 4514 times)

Offline BBY2KS2K

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wolf
2015 Vintage Trailer Rally in Rosyln, WA
« on: June 22, 2015, 05:33:57 AM »
We were invited by some friends, who restored a 1959 Cardinal, to attend the Vintage Trailer Rally in Roslyn, WA this year. I guess this is one of the bigger trailer gatherings in Washington State with nearly 180 trailers in attendance this year. This was our first trailer rally and it was a lot of fun. The people there are super friendly and very open and most will let you walk through their trailer if you wish. The folks from the TV Show "Flippin' RV's" were there too with a Spartan trailer. There were a lot of people interested in our Ramada and about half a dozen or so who used to own an Apache or whose family owned one when they were kids. Anyways, if you get the chance to go a vintage trailer rally, definitely do so. Enjoy.

Here's our Ramada set up for the show. Obviously when we are camping, the interior isn't this clean and organized.

Brought along some toy campers... couldn't find my Tootsie Toy Apache though.  :(

Our friend's 59' Cardinal. This thing was a total basket case when they bought it and was pretty much a frame-off restoration.

My favorite trailer is this Westcraft reproduction. They guy had a real one but it was destroyed in a traffic accident. Notice the "trolley" top, the copper accents and the free standing stove. Really cool trailer that won the "best interior award."

This trailer, a Spartan Manor, is from "Flippin RV's"

This one (I think it's a Westcraft too) won best in show. The trailer was used as a storage unit before the current owner bought it and restored it.

The only other "pop-up" was this trailer that won the "best restoration" award. Really neat trailer. I love the rear end, especially the taillights.

"Holiday House" travel trailer. I love the front window on this thing. The owner set up an "electrical fence" to keep people away from it.  ::)

This 1970 Aloha belongs to a friend of our friends with the Cardinal. He did a great job restoring this trailer. The previous owner used it for hunting and had painted the exterior flat black and flipped the axle to go deeper into the woods.

This teardrop style trailer was made from a 1959 Simca Vedette, a 1951 Studebaker, a 1950 Studebaker and a 1946 Chevy truck.

This is the "Hippie Trailer" The inside of his trailer is full of off the wall stuff and smells of burning incense. Really nice couple who owns it.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:37:00 AM by BBY2KS2K »
1973 Apache Ramada - camping rig
2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner TRD Sport - tow rig
2000 Honda S2000 - fun car

My Ramada's makeover...

http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?topic=12644.0

- Jason

Offline BBY2KS2K

• Wolf
Re: 2015 Vintage Trailer Rally in Rosyln, WA
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 05:38:16 AM »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:48:02 AM by BBY2KS2K »

My Ramada's makeover...

- Jason

Offline McNeill_PNW

• Raccoon
  • State: WA
  • Type of Camper: 1978 Apache Ramada
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »
Glad you went and took such great pictures.  I'll have to get up there next year -- I had no idea the turnout was so good.  I love Airstreams as much as the next guy, but as far as classic trailers go -- they're the least interesting of the bunch!

Offline Trailman

• Vesely Prodigy
  • 1965 Silver Eagle,1966 Chief,1969 Eagle,75 Mesa
  • State: New Brunswick, Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 09:56:21 PM »
Really enjoyed looking at those photos, thanks for posting.
Restoring a solid state is a labor of love but just imagine the time and money spent on those stick built trailers, interiors and exteriors, absolutely stunning detail  8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:00:51 PM by Trailman »

Offline prettinger

• Chipmunk
  • State: AZ
  • Type of Camper: 1979 Mesa
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 11:08:03 AM »
Great trailers and it looks like an awesome show with these vintage trailers.  I noticed on your trailer the excellent shape of the aluminum and how shiny it is.  What sort of product / method do you recommend for polishing?

Offline BBY2KS2K

• Wolf
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, but I used a buffing wheel mounted to a power drill and buffing compound. It's a lot of work but the results are worth it.

My Ramada's makeover...

- Jason

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal