Author Topic: Halfmoon Bay camping  (Read 2093 times)

Offline runningbird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Vesely Prodigy
Halfmoon Bay camping
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »
I will be going July 20 -23 Halfmoon Bay State Beach.  Everyone is invited.  Take care Debbie
Life isn't how many breaths you take  but doing things that take your breath away. http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=4894;sa=mgallery

Offline Big_Sur

• Elk
  • 76 Ramada, 72 Roamer, 63 Eagle
Re: Halfmoon Bay camping
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 02:26:33 AM »
Thank you Debbie. I sent you a PM. See you there.  8)

Offline Grampawsnazzy

• Moose
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:04:31 AM »
We must say.  It was nice to hear from both of you. 

Have a great time at Halfmoon Bay S.P.  Think of us if you can and how much we would like to be there. 

Debbie, your contributions to the pot luck were spot on.  Fresh fruit and vegetables, what could be better.   ;D

We ate that grape salad all the way to NE.  Love it.  I have tried to duplicate it and I keep getting the vanilla wrong.  If possible please post the recipe for me and others.  You are right.  Great potluck.  I stole/borrowed several recipes.   Colleen's peppers and Quinoa rice.  The grilltop pizza, Yummy, and James dish of burn the meat on top of mashed potato's, believe me I have already used that one.  Everyone loved it.  I'm not kidding.   :D   It was a good time, wasn't it?  We really enjoyed your company and the WI. rebels.  Tell them we said hi.   Please post when you have time.  I will tell Cynde you said hello.   

Bonnie, I thought you were in AZ.  I guess your still wrapping up things.  Ever get those boxes unpacked?  I miss your posts.  Hope is all going well being retired and all.  We were looking forward to seeing you in Tahoe, but sometimes things don't always come to fruition. 
Post when you have more time. We always like hearing from you.  If you make it east to Atlanta please give us a heads up.  I'm a decent tour guide for the state of KY. 

Post those stories and pics of the camping adventures.  Have some fun and make those memories every chance you get. 

Grampawsnazzy,   AKA.  Kevin and Cynde.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:06:06 AM by Grampawsnazzy »
Trying to use time wisely.  Memories in the making.  No agenda.

Offline Big_Sur

• Elk
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:11:11 AM »
Kevin...good to hear from you! Half of the boxes in Tucson are still unpacked. My husband doesn't want to come back to California, and somebody has to take care of the pets, so I get to finish moving all the stuff still in California by myself, or get rid of it....house furniture, garage, sheds, yard, storage trailers. It has taken all summer going back and forth between here and Tucson, and still I'm not even close to done.
It is time-consuming going through little stuff. I injure my tendons and ligaments easily, so it's doubly slow doing things in small quantities so I don't rip or break my frail body.
An elderly friend used to tell me often in my youth..."we spend the first half of our lives accumulating things, and the second half giving them away". Oh so true.
Rents skyrocketed here, and my wonderful neighbor lady begged me to let her rent my house for a couple of years, to let her kids finish high school. She'll help me fix up the place and I can have the shed and garage to take my time with the rest of the stuff. She has a normal job with one of the cities near here and she can't afford the mind-numbing $3000 a month rent for a small house. The $2000 a month she is paying might get a one-bedroom apartment in the wrong part of town now, if she can find one that'll take two kids, a dog and birds. Her lease is up in December, and her landlord turned the place over to a property manager. The handwriting is on the wall for her, she'll have to move.  So, I'm probably going to do this, rather than waste the rest of my summer missing camping trips. She clearly knows her way around a tool box and paint brush, she's the right tenant for me. And right now, time has more value than money.
Saturday is free dump day for our neighborhood and I'm planning to take full advantage of it. After that, it's time to get ready for another adventure. I am driving back to Tucson next week, along the coast to San Diego then over through Yuma to escape the Central Valley heat. So it's a perfect time to meet up with Debbie and some old friends in SoCal and San Diego. I'll try to figure out how to post pics. I still have pics camping with Debbie and Hector in Bodega Bay that I didn't post. I am definitely going to make a trip out your way, but I don't know  when. No fall colors here, way too dry, so maybe this fall? see you soon-  Bonnie

Offline runningbird

• Vesely Prodigy
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 06:26:22 PM »
Hey Bonnie , it was so good to see you even though it was only for a short time. I was expecting to see you Tues too.  We took your advice and ate at Tr es Amigos (recommend it highly) Inexpensive and fresh, and lg proportions. I ate all of mine.  ;D  Well I give Halfmoon bay State Beach  a "10" paved camp sights and extra car parking right at the sight. Clean and "AT THE OCEAN" We seen dolphins & whales. One whale  did the breaching thing So close to the shore . You think he was just showing off. The weather was so nice no heater at night, slight breeze , nothing like at doran campgrounds. Sure beat the 90's I had at my house.
Hello Kevin & Cynde, The grape salad is just equal shares of sour cream and cream cheese, Dried green and red grapes white and brown sugar, pecans and craisins I think.Simple & easy.  Hey where you able to find the " Mr Woody skewers"? Well take care Debbie
Life isn't how many breaths you take  but doing things that take your breath away. http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=4894;sa=mgallery

Offline Big_Sur

• Elk
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 12:30:49 AM »
Debbie, good to see you! I could see the gridlock towards the harbor and coming over the hill so I skipped the harbor and headed home.
Here's a couple of sites for you:
fiberglassrv.com
sistersonthefly.com
After you're a dues-paying Sister (60 a year), there's regional groups with meet-ups.
Also, there's an Aristocrat trailer rally at Duncans Mills in a few weeks, anybody with a vintage trailer (or even without a trailer) is welcome.
Really nice bunch of people, from the Aristocrats Anonymous FB group. Here's the info. I'll write you if I see a NoCal Sisters meet-up so you can see if you want to join. -Bonnie
>>>>>
The 2015 Northern California Aristocrat Rally will be held August 7-9, 2015, at Casini Ranch campground (casiniranch.com) in Duncans Mills, CA, on the Russian River, 5 miles east of the Pacific Ocean. All are welcome; you don't have to be from Northern CA or necessarily have an Aristocrat.

Duncans Mills is 30 miles west of Santa Rosa, CA and 80 miles north of San Francisco near the coast. The campground is very nice with lots to do at the campground (river boating, swimming, hiking & mountain biking) and in the surrounding area (ocean, Redwoods, wine & cheese tasting). There are sites along the river as well as RV sites.

Trees line the back of the A, B, and C rows. There are 3 restroom buildings, each with 4 showers. They are clean and basic. We'll have a meet and greet time Friday evening. On Saturday, we will have an open house from 10-2 so we can see each other's trailers and exchange ideas and suggestions. On Saturday night, we will have a potluck dinner.

We have Row A filled: partial hook-up sites (water, electricity, no sewer).

Contact the resort for reservations. Try to get in Row B as that is right across from Row A

Thank you fellow Cratters. See you in August! Crat Captains, Sandi & Dede

Offline runningbird

• Vesely Prodigy
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
I have been to Cassini but a while a go. Nice nice place on the russian river. But I still prefer the ocean. Thanks for the info. Vacation ends sunday .Bummer Only had plans for half moon bay.  :( Take care all. Debbie

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal