Author Topic: "It is what is is tour", 2016  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Grampawsnazzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Moose
"It is what is is tour", 2016
« on: July 30, 2016, 07:04:30 AM »
A quick tour. 

18 nights camping. These are the stops. No hotels.  Only reservations were made for the Nat. Parks.  The rest were on the fly.  $ per day.

Lake Kegonsa, S.P. WI.  Overnight.  Ranger Bob was nice, Cynde felt safe. Highest $ campsite. Out of state was $11.   36.

The Dells, WI,  toured for 2 hrs.  That place is fun.  I spent 20. at the Goody Gum Drop Store, 

Mel Rieman Rec Area, ND.  Corp of Engineers.  Overnight, no showers.  We were the only ones there.  Only way to pay was a phone call to Reserve America.  Good luck with cell service, it will involve a drive.  26.

Fort Peck Downriver. MT.  Corps of Engineers, Food stop.  Overnight.  I could have stayed a few more days. 14

Glacier Nat Park. MT. St .Mary Campground  booked for 5 stayed 3 days,  Going to the sun road was a blast.  23.

Potholes S.P. WA,  2 days.  a great stop. 30.

Mt Rainier Nat Park.  WA.  Ohanapeche, so much fun.  2 days.  20.

Olympic Nat Park.  WA.   Kalaloch.  booked for 4 and stayed 3.  We will be back.  22.

Three Islands Crossing  S.P. Idaho.  Overnight, all electric sites on the Snake river.  34.

Seminoe S.P. WY.  That was fun.  34 miles off the highway.  A microburst from a small squall flipped the camper on it's end with Cynde inside. 
Broke 2 stabilizers and a small rip in the screen.  A few battle scars for 28,000 miles. Both easy fixes. The dust on the road sticks to everything. 17.

Johnson Lake S.P. NE. Overnight.  No reservations, first come. Thunderstorms woke me at 2 am. Another 30 Min's of fun.  23.

Arrowrock S.H.P.  MO.  overnight +0.5.  Great park, had primitive all to ourselves.  Rescued 5 raccoons from the dumpster and toured the town.  Lowest $ 13.

Home,  Louisville KY.  Total mileage, 20 shy of 6700.  900 of that was sightseeing.  MPG 28. 

Grampawsnazzy.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:50:50 PM by Grampawsnazzy »
Trying to use time wisely.  Memories in the making.  No agenda.

Offline james b

• Raccoon
  • Jim & Dawn
  • State: Michigan
  • Type of Camper: 1977 Ramada, 1968 Apache Domingo 19
Re: "It is what is is tour", 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »
Sounds like another awesome trip Granpawsnazzy!!
Was Cindy's ok after the flip? or just a little shaken :D

Offline Grampawsnazzy

• Moose
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 06:39:06 AM »
Of course she's OK.  Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. 

It was scary.  Missed the tent 100 ft behind us and the camper 100 ft in front. 

I looked like Thor beating those stabilizers into shape on the concrete picnic table. 

Heck, I guess you will see the damage firsthand.  I'm camping next to you in MI.

Stabilizers will be replaced, but not quite sure what to do with the screen.  Maybe you can help. 

Cynde says to make a patch and put a big owie on it.   I like her idea,... a lot.

Looking  forward to the meeting. 

Grampawsnazzy,  AKA , Kevin and Cynde.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:41:22 AM by Grampawsnazzy »
Trying to use time wisely.  Memories in the making.  No agenda.

Offline james b

• Raccoon
  • Jim & Dawn
  • State: Michigan
  • Type of Camper: 1977 Ramada, 1968 Apache Domingo 19
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
LOL, I like Cindy's idea! So looking forward to seeing you guys again!
See ya Thursday!! :D

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal