Author Topic: Advice on buying Apache Mesa!  (Read 889 times)

Offline Hinsonator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Can't Back-up Straight
  • State: Washington
  • Type of Camper: Mesa
Advice on buying Apache Mesa!
« on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:07 PM »
Hi everyone! I found a 1975 Apache Mesa on OfferUp near me and I?m wondering if I should buy or what your opinions are. The seller is asking 450.00. From the pictures I can see:
-missing spare tire/tire cover
-missing some exterior lights
-cracks in the roof
-missing a component that goes in the middle of the roof on top
-dent near wheel well

The seller also says that the crank lift does work but ?needs help? and the roof edges need to be sealed around the edges. She says inside all in tact, towable and title in hand.

https://offerup.co/a5Wjk4dnKN

Do you guys think this would be worth 450? Or what would a reasonable/fair offer be? I don?t mind the project I just don?t want to overpay for it haha. Sorry for the lack of photos, it won?t let me post any

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:58:17 PM by Hinsonator »

Offline count me in

• Vesely Prodigy
  • State: IL
  • Type of Camper: 78 ramada
Re: Advice on buying Apache Mesa!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
If you were nearer to me I have complete side panels from a 76 mesa in great condition.
The component missing from the roof is probably the vent fan. Hope they had this inside or at least we'll tarped. As far as sealing the roof, are they talking about the road cover or the roof panels over the bed ends? Lift system sounds like it just needs taken apart and cleaned out.
I'd consider it but from your description I'd try to get it for less.

Offline Hinsonator

• Can't Back-up Straight
  • Type of Camper: Mesa
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »
I think she means that the cracks in the roof need to be sealed. Are those bent fans expensive to replace?

Offline raider

• Moose
  • Type of Camper: 1974 Royal
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 02:43:32 PM »
From my experience I'd look around some more and it also depends on what size you might need. I believe that the Mesa is the smaller model. The spare tire cover will be hard to find. A lot of information is in the forums, just need to do some searching. I think at one time someone was selling the vent covers for the fan. I have never replaced one. I agree with the previous post, offer less unless you want this one. One persons project is another persons nightmare. But everything can be fixed on a Apache.

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal