General Discussion > Trip Report

'68 Eagle at Lake Powell (again)

(1/1)

Broncanous:
Memorial Day weekend I went down to southern Utah and camped at Lake Powell and visited monument valley. Here are a few photos from the trip. This was at Farley Canyon which I described in a previous post in case anyone wants details about where this is.

raider:
Looks like a awesome place. What were the night time temperatures this time of year?
Thanks for posting the photo's.

Roger

count me in:
looks like a cool place. The only time in my life that I was anywhere in that half of the US, I camped (in a tent, just me and my son, before I ever had an Apache) at Lake Mead. I remember wishing I could have spent more time there.

Broncanous:

--- Quote from: raider on June 03, 2018, 05:44:14 PM ---Looks like a awesome place. What were the night time temperatures this time of year?
Thanks for posting the photo's.

Roger

--- End quote ---

I think it was in the 60s. It was plenty warm enough to sleep with all the windows open but cool enough to still need a sleeping bag.

Broncanous:

--- Quote from: count me in on June 03, 2018, 09:53:41 PM ---looks like a cool place. The only time in my life that I was anywhere in that half of the US, I camped (in a tent, just me and my son, before I ever had an Apache) at Lake Mead. I remember wishing I could have spent more time there.

--- End quote ---

Lake Mead is a nice area. I'm from Seattle and while I miss some of the landscapes there I've really fallen in love with the open spaces of the desert southwest. I prefer off-grid camping and staying away from the pay camp sites when possible and the best scenery is usually on BLM land anyway. The Glen Canyon Rec area is perfect for this kind of camping. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version