Author Topic: First Trip with our Apache  (Read 1069 times)

Offline JCrown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Soggy Tenter
  • State: MI
  • Type of Camper: 1979 Apache Mesa
First Trip with our Apache
« on: September 09, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »
We just got back from our first camping trip with our Apache. We went to Munising in Michigan's Upper Peninsula right by the Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore. Everything went very well with our camper aside from our new faucet pump handle breaking off while doing dishes on our last night, but the vendor that I bought it from is replacing it so I guess it is all good. We did a lot of hiking with our dog and saw a lot of water falls as well as a nice beach on Lake Superior. We also got to take my Wrangler on a little off road trail ride which was cool. All in all it was a successful trip. Camper towed well, popped up as it should and never leaked during the rainy periods. I'll add some pics as soon as I figure out how to post them. lol

Offline JCrown

• Soggy Tenter
Re: First Trip with our Apache
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »
Ok here is my first attempt at posting some pics from the trip. We had so much fun and would recommend the trip to anyone who enjoys the outdoors as much as we do. We were there for 4 nights and we really wish we could have stayed longer. So much to do in the Upper Peninsula.

Offline JCrown

• Soggy Tenter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »
Well that didn't work... I'll read the directions again and try to post pics when I get home. I have a few pics in my gallery if you want to see them.

Offline Broncanous

• Wolf
  • State: Utah
  • Type of Camper: 1968 Eagle
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:22:06 AM »
Posting pics is tricky for some reason. I used to post them to Photobucket first, then post the URL into these messages, and that is hit and miss now. Sometimes the images won't appear. So I stopped using Photobucket and switched to Tumblr. Congrats on your Apache's maiden voyage :)

Offline count me in

• Vesely Prodigy
  • State: IL
  • Type of Camper: 78 ramada
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
Screw Photo bucket/ We lost thousands of important pictures that I have often referenced in working on my Apaches. I am NOT paying them a $400 a year ransom.  find another way to host and post pix please.   I rarely post pix for another reason.... I'm more mechanical than "techy".  If I do succeed in posting a picture the next time I try I spemd more time trying to remember how in the He11 I managed to do so the previous time and then usually give up.

Offline count me in

• Vesely Prodigy
  • State: IL
  • Type of Camper: 78 ramada
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 07:49:16 PM »
I remember many camping trips to Michigan with my parents before I was 10, could not tell you where all we went. Have been into SW lower part of the state a couple of times since, but never long enough to check anything out. or camp. I hope to change that last part over the next few years.

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal