Author Topic: 1973 Apache Ramada LED lights.  (Read 1179 times)

Offline BURGH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marshmallow Roaster
    • http://
1973 Apache Ramada LED lights.
« on: July 20, 2020, 04:43:43 PM »
I am looking for some nice exterior lights for my camper.

All marker lights etc. to be replaced.
URGH

Offline naturelover

• Moose
  • State: WV
  • Type of Camper: '73 Ramada '75 Ramada '76 Ramada '77 Mesa
1973 Apache Ramada LED lights.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 06:56:58 PM »
As close as one can get to the originals are the Miro flex lenses, I think they were miro lite when I got them, but they donít exactly fit on the original backing plate, and if you replace the sockets with the red led light panels youíll need to cut and modify the lights (the bolt holes donít line up either, so I drilled a hole through the face of the lens. 

The post is in my 73 Ramada thread in the gearbox section (post 58).

My pictures were on photobucket, I have them loaded to google photos now, need to back and and fix all my links so they will show up (I think they will still show up in tapatalk). 

There was a rectangular looking side marker lamp I was going to test out, I had linked it in that thread or my 76 Ramada thread, but never tried them, they werenít led though.

Offline raider

• Moose
  • State: Washington
  • Type of Camper: 1974 Royal
Re: 1973 Apache Ramada LED lights.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 01:43:55 AM »
Not sure what you are really looking for as far as outdoor lights, but here are a couple of links to help with ideas.

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=Trailer+Running+Lights

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=Trailer+porch+lights

Offline kanega

• Vesely Prodigy
  • I been promoted again. I am a Vesely Prodigy.
  • State: CA
  • Type of Camper: 74 Royal
Re: 1973 Apache Ramada LED lights.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 11:11:58 AM »
If you have the OEM lights and want to keep the appearance, used LED bulbs and keep the OEM covers.  However, I found my brake/Signal lights had to get entire new LED extremely bright for the darken over age red covers.  Also consider a LED 3rd brake/parking/signal strip light to reduce tailgating behind your trailer.  I just tapped my brakes without slowing and scared off a tailgater ripping off my trailer and jerking my car with my new tail lights.  I do mean that jackass was ripping my car and trailer apart with in 2 feet of my trailer to stretch out his gas mileage.  I also called 911 on him and he was getting multiple tickets from a CHP officer when I past him after lunch.  He had to been repeating his personal issues with other as bell.
Mr. Gary Alan Kane

Also known as the Royal Kanes

You may bow to me now.  Ha Ha!

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal