Author Topic: Replacing bed end caps and side wall seals  (Read 3960 times)

Offline datac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wolf
Re: Replacing bed end caps and side wall seals
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 12:46:43 AM »
I prepped, primed, sanded, and painted mine before I installed them and they looked beautiful.
Now, a year later, I really wish I had left them the original gray.
Even with proper prep work, the paint scratches and scuffs quite easily, and ends up looking pretty nasty IMHO.

The gray won't scratch, and on the Apaches I've seen it on actually blends fairly well with the aluminum rail.

Offline 79Ramada

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Vesely Prodigy
  • State: MA
  • Type of Camper: Ramada
Re: Replacing bed end caps and side wall seals
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 07:34:33 AM »
Just came back from my first camping trip after replacing the bed end sidewall seals and bed end caps. We did have a 12 hour rain storm one day and I'm happy to report that those replacement seals worked. Not a drop of water in by bed ends. There were some wetness due to wind driven rain getting inside, but considering 12 hour rain storm, it is not bad. Others in the campground camping in tents had to seek shelter inside buildings for the night.
Former owner of a 1979 Apache Ramada
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
2007 Chevrolet Suburban
My gallery: http://www.apachepopups.net/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=40;area=aeva

Use of this site is at your own risk! This is a user generated web site and apachepopups.net or it's operators are not responsible for it's use or content.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal